Christof Teuscher gave an invited presentation at the Workshop on Logic Synthesis and Emerging Technologies, which was held at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland, Sep 28-29, 2017.
Our paper on “Approximate Vector Matrix Multiplication Implementations for Neuromorphic Applications using Memristive Crossbars” was presented with the best paper award at the 2017 IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Nanoscale Architectures (NANOARCH ’17)
W. Woods and C. Teuscher. Approximate Vector Matrix Multiplication Implementations for Neuromorphic Applications using Memristive Crossbars. Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Nanoscale Architectures (NANOARCH ’17), 2017.
“Eureka! is a five year Girls Inc. program that brings 8th – 12th grade girls, including many who will be first generation college applicants, onto local college and university campuses for an intensive STEM summer program.”
Congrats to Maddie, Sai, and Walt!
- Maseeh Fellowship 2018: Walt Woods
- Outstanding Masters Student: Sai Kiran Cherupally
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student: Madisen Phillips
New paper: “Shift-Symmetric Configurations in Two-Dimensional Cellular Automata: Irreversibility, Insolvability, and Enumeration,” https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.09030
Applications for the 2017 Graduate Research and Mentoring Program (GRMP) are now open. For more info, see Graduate Research and Mentoring Program (GRMP).
Application deadline: Apr 23, 2017
Eligibility: The program is open to PSU graduate students in ECE, CS, Physics, and Systems Science. Students must have completed at least one term at PSU. Students interested in the summer research internship should take the ECE 508 Scholarship Bootcamp (CRN: 65521) in the Spring term.
Effective immediately, the Thursday office hour is moved from 8-9am to 4-5pm.
Congrats to Mohammad, Walt, and Jens for winning several ECE department awards!
- Mohammad Taha: Maseeh Fellowships for Outstanding Graduate Students
- Walt Woods:
- Outstanding (former) M.S. student
- ECE Journal Article Recognition (http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TNANO.2015.2449835)
- Jens Bürger: ECE Journal Article Recognition (http://dx.doi.org/10.3934/matersci.2015.4.530 and http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TNANO.2015.2449835)