The research group of Dr. Christof Teuscher has an immediate opening for a paid position for a graduate and/or undergraduate student with knowledge in statistical data entry and analysis. The student will analyze a large amount of data from students that were involved in graduate and undergraduate research in Dr. Teuscher’s lab. Over the last 8 years, each of them completed weekly progress reports, kept task lists, completed a weekly self-evaluation, and received personal feedback once or twice a term. The goal of the research project is to determine metrics and predictors for success in undergraduate and graduate research.
- Graduate or undergraduate student in psychology, sociology, systems science, or related disciplines.
- Knowledge in statistical data analysis.
- Knowledge of statistical software, such as R or SPSS.
- Highly motivated, responsible, independent, with outstanding work ethics.
- Interested in educational research.
- Outstanding academic records.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Data entry (enter student evaluation forms into spreadsheet).
- Analyze and code wiki project reports and weekly self-evaluations.
- Anonymize the data.
- Basic data analysis (using SPSS, R, or other software).
- Advanced data analysis (using SPSS, R, or other software).
- Create plots an visualizations.
- Write and compile reports.
- Collaborate with the PSU Survey Research Lab.
- Participate in regular project meetings.
WHAT YOU GET:
An hourly wage. An opportunity to work on a cool project. An opportunity to make an impact. An opportunity to gain experience.
WHAT teuscher.:Lab DOES:
Our goal is to develop disruptive new computing paradigms and machines that will allow for lasting breakthroughs and open new application domains in the next 5-20 years. For more information, see the research and mission pages.
E-mail your resume with a letter of motivation to email@example.com. The position remains open until filled.
Please do not hesitate to contact me in case of questions.